Sinomantis denticulata pairing

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am very excited for both of you. I hope you guys succeed. I would definetely buy an ooth from you guys(if you guys sell of course)!

Took a while for this female to produce this ooth. Hopefully it is fertile.

sdooth2.jpg

sdooth1.jpg

Really awesome

Havent had much luck with this species..

My third out of three past at subadult

What conditions are best for sinomantis?

Really awesome

Havent had much luck with this species..

My third out of three past at subadult

What conditions are best for sinomantis?
I keep them around 80F/50%, plenty of shade, no direct heat or light. They do better with live plants, probably keep the humidity higher that way.
That is a big ooth! Two to three times the length I got from you last time, Yen.

I remember the vids! Good timing there Henry. Yes the ooth is bigger than I thought. Usually that is the case for first ooth, but enormous ooth makes me worry everytime. :ninja:

Thanks Tammy. Yeah that's the way, a thread attached on top of the lid suspending beadlike string of ootheca below. Remind me of Acanthops ooth.
I like the pictures. Sinomantis denticulata are beautiful! Do they do that so that ants and other animals can not find them easily? Green Lacewings lay their eggs like that.

Wow! Great pictures, Yen! The one of her holding the cricket looking into the camera is perfect!

Thanks Henry. Yes she stopped! i won't do it again :blush: I waited only 10 days after she matured, as the male eagerly pair up with her. BUt she didn't deposit her first ooth until few weeks later, by then she has been mated a few times.

Still waiting for the first ooth to hatch :unsure: