Site Unstable

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantiscraze

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced a lot of down time since the upgrade?

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to mantidforum.net

Try reloading: mantidforum.­net

Additional suggestions:

Yes. It happens to me as well. Also i cant pm anyone while on my ipad or my phone. I can only message somone if i am on my desktop. When you click send message, the box opens up to write your message but it is sooo far off the screen you cannot see what you are writing or even click send.

I was reading this thread and then tried to switch to the "pre-3.2" skin set option under "change theme" in the lower left corner of the forum. I immediately got an error when I tried to view the forum too. So, I deleted that skin set option. This will probably resolve the issue for those that were playing around with the skin options and whose browsers recorded their new choice. I would guess that you could have fixed the problem by clearing out your browser cookies and history, but it should be fixed now and is no longer an option.

I noticed some downtime today too when I was messing around with some options on the control panel. I don't know if it was connected to what I was doing or not, but time will tell. There are often a few bugs in new software versions, but patches roll out pretty quickly as problems are identified.

Haven't noticed any downtime or stability issues but it is really slow when I first get on here.

Yes, the site also appears very sluggish. I have a very fast Internet connection, but navigating through the forum slows it down considerably.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts