• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skeleton shrimp FT

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

critterguy

Reaction score
Very late for Halloween. However, if you are bored of sea monkeys, I am extending an offer for what may be sea zombies. Also known as Caprellid amphipods. These creatures are small(about 1.25 for the biggest males), but very interesting. Relatively little is to be found on captive husbandry but a small container of seawater kept cool and with a bubbler, and some stuff to hang onto(plastic plants), should suffice. They can feed on detritus, suspended algae(greenwater), brine shrimp, etc.

http://nathistoc.bio.uci.edu/crustacea/Amp...da/Caprella.htm

http://www.anemoon.org/anemoon/images/soor...G/image_preview

Located in CA. Interested mostly in trades(Tarantulas, tailess whips, vinnies, scorps, crabs/hermit crabs). But if you want them let me know.

That's exactly why I love this hobby! Always something new to see. No end to unfamiliar bugs! Too bad I don't do saltwater...yet.

Hello Peter.Agreed! These guys are not hard to keep. I have not tried but there are reports of them eating fish feed. They seem like a cross between a walking stick, inch worm(they inch or somersault to get around), and a drunk praying mantis.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW.... that's one pretty serious creep O_O we'd like a saltwater aquarium but i think my parents won't like this in there..

Hello Obregon(and probably a few others who slipped through the cracks).

I've been lax on my pm box(and very busy lately). I am going to send out one shipment to someone to see how they do.

Based on some experiments they will almost certainly need to be sent by Express mail.(probably $30). So keep that in mind. But let me know if you guys are still interested.

Latest posts