Slightly obsessed

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who are you buying from?

I hope you can find an orchid! 

- MantisGirl13
🙏 thank you! The Chinese mantis came from the silkworm shop and the others came from bugs in cyber space. In their defense, my email never went through (I found it hanging in my outbox after the fact) so the only message to explain the interweb glitch was a Facebook message and it was responded to👍 We’re very happy with the mantis we have and look forward to adding more 

Ty, lol no he’s not really a fan 🤪 but he is a fan of things that make me happy so he tolerates them and gives a wide berth when they’re out on the plants. He does like the art they inspire as well. They’re fun to photograph and draw.
Oh my hubby don't like them either. He tolerates them too 😁

What types do you have? 
  • 4 H.membranaceas
  • 2 Ghosts
  •  2 H. masjusculas
  •  1 H.golden

🙏 thank you! The Chinese mantis came from the silkworm shop and the others came from bugs in cyber space. In their defense, my email never went through (I found it hanging in my outbox after the fact) so the only message to explain the interweb glitch was a Facebook message and it was responded to👍 We’re very happy with the mantis we have and look forward to adding more 
Oh, ok! I have not bought from either of those websites, but Peter Clausen, who owns bugsincyberspace.com is the top admin on the Forum.

I do all kinds of art; I draw, I paint, I sew, I design jewelry, I blow glass. VERY much looking forward to casting these guys when they pass on too 
Cool! I am an amateur artist, and I paint and sketch. I love to sketch mantids! 

- MantisGirl13

I’ve been reading through your posts and I bet your sketches would make a great ‘girl’s guide to’ type book. I know my daughter is absolutely fascinated with things like that, especially if it’s hand written and drawn 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see your art!  What medium?  (Animal nut here, too!)

(I mostly use acrylic or watercolor or inks...or anything I can get my hands on.)

I’ve been reading through your posts and I bet your sketches would make a great ‘girl’s guide to’ type book. I know my daughter is absolutely fascinated with things like that, especially if it’s hand written and drawn 
Thanks!

- MantisGirl13

I'd love to see your art!  What medium?  (Animal nut here, too!)

(I mostly use acrylic or watercolor or inks...or anything I can get my hands on.)
I mix it up a lot lol I’m pretty hooked on softlead and ink. I used to tattoo so my love of drawing kinda flew the coup lol I still enjoy doodling. I use a lot of acrylic for RPG minis people ask for those a lot more than they ask for pictures lol. When I am able to reactivate my social media and my shop, I would love to share but at the moment all of my most recent work is tied up in that deactivated account. I have an open L&I case and the lawyers told me to deactivate. My favorite ‘art’ is creating/building; drawing, unless it’s doodles feels like a chore to me. I’m currently working on a light saber build for a client attending a con and designs for my new line when I get my shop back open. Before I had to close, my last painting commission was some children’s furniture I re-did for the client, butterflies and flowers 💐  lol point is I can be commissioned for nearly anything lol it’s just a matter of what I can physically finish these days 

I dont have any pics of drawings saved (I looked) so here’s a fairy garden I did lol not pictured is the water feature. Fun stuff!

3095D582-0FA1-4157-8A54-73535D64A349.jpeg

Latest posts