Small portions

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

• Definately yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably yes

• No way

• Probably not

• I don't know

• Total voters

OGIGA

Dead Leaf Mantis
Reaction score
I'm thinking about selling excess larvae and pupae because I can never use them all. More specifically, I'm thinking about selling small portions close to 1oz (flour inclusive) so that people who only have a couple mantises don't have to buy a pack of hundreds or thousands of house flies. Do you think people (in USA) will buy something like this for $3 shipped? The flies are going to come from sellers whom I have purchased from (Grubco and Spiderpharm).

Doubt it. I always buy 1000 at a time and end up using them all. But you can sure try to sell them.

Ogiga,

Our new website has just opened which addresses the issue of smaller quantities on 7 different feeder insects, insect cups, and LOTS of other mantis folks supplies. The problem with shipping 1 ounce of flies is that the shipping costs more than the product! By combining feeders and supplies, it is cost-effective. Check us out @ www.mantisplace.com

Ogiga,Our new website has just opened which addresses the issue of smaller quantities on 7 different feeder insects, insect cups, and LOTS of other mantis folks supplies. The problem with shipping 1 ounce of flies is that the shipping costs more than the product! By combining feeders and supplies, it is cost-effective. Check us out @ www.mantisplace.com
Actually, shipping is just going to cost $0.66. Now, the stuff that I buy, shipping always cost more!

Ogiga,Our new website has just opened which addresses the issue of smaller quantities on 7 different feeder insects, insect cups, and LOTS of other mantis folks supplies. The problem with shipping 1 ounce of flies is that the shipping costs more than the product! By combining feeders and supplies, it is cost-effective. Check us out @ www.mantisplace.com
I just spend a little time to look at your site and review your shipping policy. These bluebottles looks like something I would buy every week or so, provided that it is cost-effective. Can you give me/us a quote on how much shipping would cost for 50 bluebottle (50*$0.03 each = $1.50) larvae?

I just received some blue bottle larvae. I seperated them into some ziplock bags and they smelled horrible, like trash. They are in the refrigerator now.

Well, I'll be selling them soon but I'm a bit busy the next few days. I think I'll start it off at $3.27 shipped for 30-40 larvae. What do you guys think? Good for people who keep like 1-3 mantises?

Latest posts