SNORKELING IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes come on down to S. FL! I used to go free diving all the time off the shore at Palm Beach and see all the corals, it was amazing! Once I went free diving under a pier (it was under construction because of a hurricane) and the next thing I know is that I'm about 100yds offshore and at the bottom (it was really shallow because of the rocks) and face to face with a school of 3-4ft barracuda...then they all swim past be to attack a shoal of shinners; what an experience! And to finish it off, on my way back to shore about 100 membered school of jack was swimming back into the blue...

Kiet, Andrew, Scott, and Nick you are all welcome to come join us ( Adrienne and me) in the nice warm, immigrant-filled waters! :D
I may take you up on that offer

Looks like fun. That looks like a cool camera!

I used to scuba dive, but nowadays just snorkel now and then. I've never gone diving in California but have in Hawaii, St Croix, St Thomas and Mexico. I snorkel with manatees a lot in Florida.
*shakes fist* haha.. jk.. That sounds awesome! =)

Nice stuff Kiet. You even caught on camera a couple of shark species and perhaps a Garibaldi. Good job!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice stuff Kiet. You even caught on camera a couple of shark species and perhaps a Garibaldi. Good job!
There were other things, but they didn't quite go with the music and I was too lazy to re-edit just to include them into the video. I'm sure most folks wouldn't have really even cared. =P There was also a group of 4 or 5 dolphins that I mistakened to be sharks.. I didn't get them on film though. :-(

i went to the keys last year for new years eve! twas crazy!!! :sorcerer: :detective: :shuriken: :punk: :taz: :chris: :excl: :excl: <---description of what was there... ;)
I might be heading out to the Miami area around December.. any recommendations? I'll obviously be inebriated the entire time and taking lots of footage of raunchiness, which I have no intention of uploading onto mantidforum. ;-)

Uploaded to sites other than mantidforum ;-D
Ok fair enough. :p

I might be heading out to the Miami area around December.. any recommendations? I'll obviously be inebriated the entire time and taking lots of footage of raunchiness, which I have no intention of uploading onto mantidforum. ;-)
Stop teasing me with all this talk of raunchiness fun! where will you upload then? Tell me! Tell me! :lol:

Latest posts