SoCal Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbird

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Great site and fascinating creatures!

I found a Mantis in my yard. I went to get a close look and she turned her head to look back at me. Too cool. I'm hooked.

Since learning here I believe she's a Stagmomantis Californica, female.

Thanks,

Hi everyone,

Great site and fascinating creatures!

I found a Mantis in my yard. I went to get a close look and she turned her head to look back at me. Too cool. I'm hooked.

Since learning here I believe she's a Stagmomantis Californica, female.

Thanks,
Could also be Stagmomantis limbata. I've been finding them in my yard lately, down in south orange county. I fed a blue bottle fly and a cricket to one Sunday afternoon, in my backyard. So looks like their coming out of the dry hills, to find food. Cause this dude was hungry, eating one right after the other.

Could also be Stagmomantis limbata. I've been finding them in my yard lately, down in south orange county. I fed a blue bottle fly and a cricket to one Sunday afternoon, in my backyard. So looks like their coming out of the dry hills, to find food. Cause this dude was hungry, eating one right after the other.
I think you're right because she's green also limbata' are apparently more common? I found her in Los Angeles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings and welcome to the forum
welcome6.gif

Sounds like you had a great introduction to the hobby. They can be quite curious pets, with many I've had that seem to enjoy the attention/affection.

Latest posts