Some of my plants from this year

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew

Reaction score
This is where most of the magic happens. Most of my plants are either recovering from sub-par windowsill conditions, or acclimating. A few are just thriving though. :)

2932665570_b8e7c5bcda_o.jpg

Baby N. jacquelineae. Me and a friend are comparing the growth rate between this species and another rare species, since we have nothing better to do.

One of my most prized plants. This new leaf is completely new growth, and with any luck acclimated enough to my conditions to grow a pitcher. :D

2940006076_3b98bc94ed_o.jpg

N. inermis. Yet another rare plant I feel lucky to have. It went into shock pretty soon after I received it, but with a little TLC, it should pull through.

2925903476_744ae6df39_o.jpg

2925107061_337de9af4c_o.jpg

N. clipeata x eymae 'Munich' Pretty ugly plant right now, but it seems to be thriving in my conditions. Should be a nice plant when it gets some more size to it.

2897489366_418b684058_o.jpg

N. reinwardtiana. Pretty easy plant, thriving.

2893090598_38d4bd4cd7_o.jpg

N. talangensis - When I received it. It's been a fairly slow plant to acclimate, and I accidentally snapped off the growth tip. Hopefully it'll recover. >_<

2720810020_790169a721_o.jpg

Lastly (for now anyways), my baby ceph. I accidentally let it dry out for too long, which is why it looks a little brown, but it has since recovered quite a bit and looks amazing.

2916406504_4e413569eb_o.jpg

I'll post more pics later. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on where you get them from, and the species. The jacquelineae was $50+ ship, and the inermis $80+ ship. That little ceph was just under $40 shipped. The most expensive (and most spectacular) plants (N. macrophylla, trusmadiensis, seedgrown hamata, etc) are currently selling for $150-$250 a piece for small plants, depending where you shop. That said, some of the more common plants sell anywhere from $6-$20.

I don't think any of the photos I posted above really give the plants any justice. Check out terraforums.com, cpukforum.org, cpjungle.com, and cobraplant.com for some good forums, vendors and photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest starting with either N. ventricosa or N. x ventrata. They are both very easy and can survive many beginner mistakes. I grow my ventricosa as a house plant for winter and put it outside for summer.

Latest posts