Some of my satanics.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikhailsDinos

Reaction score
Uroplatus phantasticus

3D

2298237409_a3090a8458.jpg

3D

2298239857_1d61c8e024.jpg

lichen

2298233799_fdd711fa8a.jpg

lichen

2299022040_d0f7904bb7.jpg

tripod

2298213871_10e0fe850f.jpg

tripod

2299006936_1f4dbf8d61.jpg

If I was going to get ANY gecko, that would be the one! I've always wanted one. I did just pick up my first trio of non-invertebrate pets a few weeks ago (for my kids): a red eyed tree frog, a cornsnake and a veiled chameleon. We're really enjoying pets with a little backbone ;)

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter,

I agree with you, a little backbone is great. :) I've got one chameleon at the moment & thoroughly enjoy him. But I have been thinking about getting a corn snake for some time now, they are great with people & get to be a nice size. You picked some nice choices.... stunning animals.

PS

When & if I start getting babies from this species of gecko, I will let you know. ;)

Thanks again

Mikhail

If I was going to get ANY gecko, that would be the one! I've always wanted one. I did just pick up my first trio of non-invertebrate pets a few weeks ago (for my kids): a red eyed tree frog, a cornsnake and a veiled chameleon. We're really enjoying pets with a little backbone ;) Peter

I've seen a couple of these at reptile shows, always WAY out of my price range though.

I love how they look like leaves, and they're adorable.

Thank you!

I paid $400 for the group, but well worth it. ;)

I've seen a couple of these at reptile shows, always WAY out of my price range though.I love how they look like leaves, and they're adorable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!

I saw your stunning pictures on flickr the other day and was amazed at how well you capture these beautiful reptiles.

Thanks again

Mikhail

Great geckos and great pics Mikhail !Will post some reptilepics myself today :) Even some U.phantasticus

Hi,

They are very different from the two species. They are very slow, but fragile. They are sensitive to temperatures and a lot people lose them to hot or warm weather. So If you are keeping it cool around the 70s at all times you will be okay. Otherwise, I dont handle them at all, just to take pictures every so often. I have them in a natural cage setup and I placed spring tails in there with them. The spring tails eat most of the waste the geckos produce. I use plant growing lights so that the plants thrive. If you were to get a leaf tail gecko, I've heard by experts that Mossy Leaf Tailed Geckos ( Uroplatus sikorae ) are the way to start. I've never owned this species but will soon. I've kept geckos for 8 years now, so thats the reason I went with the satanics. But any one can keep this species if you keep the right requirements for them.

Thanks again

Mikhail

What are the satanic leaf tail geckos like? Are they similar to crested geckos or flying geckos (P. kuhli)?

I know this is an old thread, but someone locally is selling a male satanic in my town for 100$ I'm really tempted!

Latest posts