species Q.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek

Reaction score
OK. Lady's and Gents i have searched my tail off but i can not seem find the species of mantids i have here

so i need some good pages/sites or info on AZ. species and or introduced species that are in AZ. Et cetera.

i do not have a camera or phone cam and such so i am kind-of out of luck on that one.

Thanks, Derek.

There's a contact number on the University of Arizona's department of entomology web site. Might be useful

thanks Laura. been there and sent a E-Mail to the bug man.

that is about all they give you other than the bug man will more than likely want a specimen for ID to be sent,

but thank you very much Laura.

Sorry I couldn't do more. Without a picture, it's hard to say. My money would be some stagmomantis variety

Ya, picture is pretty much a need for an ID. If you give a rough description (mostly size and color) we could guess between european, native, chinese or ground mantid. As all are likely enough down there.

Is the state college entomology lab too far for you to go? If so, ask them if they have an extension agent closer to you. Here in CO there are a few scattered around. Though most of the stuff just seems to get redirected to us anyway.