Spell Check

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revmdn

Reaction score
Do we have a spell check function on our posts? I don't see one, and could really use one. I'm a terrible speller. I'm on this other forum that has a spell check right next to the post button, it makes me feel smart. Can I has it, pleez?

I use Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Both of them come with a spell checker, built in. Let me guess, you use Internet Explorer!

I will absolutely look into it. I'm not real good with this computer stuff. I got this MacBook free with my credit card points.

Mac's are awesome, better than windows for me(IMO). firefox and camino are basicly the best for mac.

You can also put some grammar rules on the notes on the dashboard.

we really probably won't see it, unless Kat gets it for us, funny u said that, I just had to google "coronor"
:p

I use this: IE Spell. If you use Internet Explorer it's great. It's a small, free application you download. After you install it, you can right-click on any post or message you are writing (in any forum, email, web page, etc.), and it will give you the Spell Check option. Really easy... I love it! ;)

:p I use this: IE Spell. If you use Internet Explorer it's great. It's a small, free application you download. After you install it, you can right-click on any post or message you are writing (in any forum, email, web page, etc.), and it will give you the Spell Check option. Really easy... I love it! ;)
Exactly like firefox.

IE is popup he1l, and there protection is horrible. Looks arent everything Kat lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
IE is popup he1l, and there protection is horrible. Looks arent everything Kat lol.
I don't get pop-ups... I have Zone Alarm Internet protection suite, and that takes care of most everything. It's not really the looks. I guess I'm just used to it, and it's much easier for me to use. Believe me, after hearing all of the negative things about IE over the years, I've tried to switch several different times. But I could never get used to them... I just didn't like Firefox or Google Chrome. I actually hated it when trying to learn and use them!

I don't get pop-ups... I have Zone Alarm Internet protection suite, and that takes care of most everything. It's not really the looks. I guess I'm just used to it, and it's much easier for me to use. Believe me, after hearing all of the negative things about IE over the years, I've tried to switch several different times. But I could never get used to them... I just didn't like Firefox or Google Chrome. I actually hated it when trying to learn and use them!
I use Firefox as my default browser and Chrome for MantidForum, but you're right, Katt. A lot of older users, who have always used IE, prefer not to make the change. Can you even run Chrome on Windows 98? :D

which is better than explorer
Based on what? I always get people telling me it is better but I fail to see how. I have both browsers because my wife likes firefox. I have tried it but can't see what makes it so much better. Tabbed browsing was the only thing it had I really liked but IE has that now too. I'm like Kat, I like IE.

I am too lazy to change, change is not good
SmashFreak.gif

Latest posts