Sphodromantis sp.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, a locust... a lot of u guys need to get a life outside insects, instead of going on this forum, try going out paintballing or something.
Wow, paintballing... you need a life you guy outside paintballing. Instead of going paintballing, try insects or something.

Okay... he came on to this forum, posted twice about having no lives and then just went off...
theres always going to be ratards join the forum..we call them trolls.this is another reason why we shouldn't allow guest to post...if your not a member u cant post..and if u are a member and u do Post like this u get banned..ban there ip.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
theres always going to be ratards join the forum..we call them trolls.this is another reason why we shouldn't allow guest to post...if your not a member u cant post..and if u are a member and u do Post like this u get banned..ban there ip.. ;)
Banning IP's is not fun. Tracking IP's to locations is fun.

And we should keep the guest feature so we can test our witty remarks. :lol:

Back on topic with our 'sad little insect world', do you know why my mantis fell of the roof? I mean it was stretching for a photograph, then all a sudden it seemed to leap off and hit the floor, i presumed it was dead, as it did not move for at least 20 seconds. Then she stood up, and climbed to the top again. Why did she fall off?

Back on topic with our 'sad little insect world', do you know why my mantis fell of the roof? I mean it was stretching for a photograph, then all a sudden it seemed to leap off and hit the floor, i presumed it was dead, as it did not move for at least 20 seconds. Then she stood up, and climbed to the top again. Why did she fall off?
mayby she just slipped..was she an adult?i find adult mantids tend to fall every now and then.loose there gripping

Heres some more:

This is after she spent 30 minutes climbing back to the top, she walked down for a meal.

img0221ig7.jpg

reachforthestarsup8.png

REACH!

Not my fault you have no lives. Anyway, I'm gonna go and do something decent with my life, bye.
You mean end the pitiful thing? :)

Look whos talking seriously, f@%& off instead of logging in to a forum purly to post a little sad retarded post

Sorry King Frog, excellent photos :)

Some mantid species flop to the floor for defencive purposes and tuck in there legs, then quickly dash away

Sorry King Frog, excellent photos :) Some mantid species flop to the floor for defencive purposes and tuck in there legs, then quickly dash away
Good to know that it's ok then. I was worried at first. It shook and just fell off.

your using a cane..looks very slippy to me....maybe thats why?maybe a stick thats rough from the garden would be better?

Mantids dont understand the concept of glass and can often try to walk or leap straight through it :)

Might have been what she did instead of falling/slipping? which they also do whilst walking on glass, perspex, plastics etc :)

Mantids dont understand the concept of glass and can often try to walk or leap straight through it :) Might have been what she did instead of falling/slipping? which they also do whilst walking on glass, perspex, plastics etc :)
Well, i think thats what she did. She seemed to leap at the glass, then fall. Looked like it was trying to eat my family. :lol:

P.pinnapovis`es go simply mental when disturbed and sumersoult every where lol

Wow, i have so gotta get one of those :lol: .
yes u have..i took the male ouit today omg..the dispaly he does and hes so good at flying..an amazing species..hopefully the male lives long enough for me to breed her.