Sphrodromantis lineola pairing

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConnorH

Reaction score
Hello all 

i currently have an adult male and female sphrodromantis lineola and obviously would like to pair them however I’m fairly new to pairing mantis and the female is extremely aggressive to the point where taking the mesh lid of is risky as she has started to eat through the mesh which is a first for me. The male is about 4 weeks old and the female is about 6-7 weeks old. 

Any help on breeding these guys would be really appreciated and any advise the same. 

Kind regards 

Connor 

Seems like they are ready. It’s really a pretty easy species to breed despite the aggression. Just feed the female something big... put her in the males enclosure and make her start moving around so the male can see her. Then once the male climbs/flies on be ready for the pissiest female in the world. My female would just jump, twist, go upside down, etc. but in the end the connected perfect... two times. Good luck!

Thank you so much. I will attempt to pair them tonight. 

Kind regards 

connor 

They seem to have paired last night, thankfully. Any advise on getting the female to lay ootheca would be great also how I should keep the female from here on out. 

Kind regards 

Connor 

Just keep the female regularly. You can put some sticks in to help her lay. Just get her real fat so she’ll lay a big, healthy ooth. My female took almost 2 months to lay her first ooth.

if it's warm in your area, sleeve the female on a live bush. i get large mantis spp to lay on willow in mesh bags

otherwise, offer fat sticks and fake vine material and keep her hydrated

if it's warm in your area, sleeve the female on a live bush. i get large mantis spp to lay on willow in mesh bags

otherwise, offer fat sticks and fake vine material and keep her hydrated
Sadly it’s hardly ever warm here lol. I’m in Scotland so getting sun is a one off. I can use artificial vines and some large branches. 

Kind regards

connor 

Latest posts