• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Spider beetle starter cups

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfreidsma

Reaction score
Hi,

(Unavailable for winter)

Available are cups of spider beetles to begin your own colonies  

$13 gets one starter cup, $5 for each additional cup. 

The priority shipping is included in the initial price. If you desire extra mailing services (like signature, overnight, etc) then extra will be needed. 

They are shipped priority on Monday or Tuesday from Zeeland, MI. You are expected to know your own weather, and let me know while contacting if they need shipped on a later date or anything. These are rather hardy beetles, but hot temperatures would not be very good on them.

Paypal is preferred. 

Feedback

The care for them is pretty much the same as mealworms and other feeder insects. Substrate/bedding can be something like oatmeal, and then have other dry foods like cat and dog food in with them also. A moist cotton ball seems to make them rather excited also. 

Larva dig into the dry foods. They stay inside of whatever they were laid on, and then pupate in little pouches they make from it. I have noticed that when they are only presented with oatmeal, the larva make soft pouches against the bottom of the tote. When presented with cat food, I think they pupate inside the food if they can. I haven't seen a larva or pupa of them yet as they are tiny though. A website suggest that they can produce two generations a year under good conditions.

DSC_0541.JPG

DSC_0542.JPG

DSC_0543.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts