Sporeworld's Cecropia Silk Moths

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sporeworld

Reaction score
Here's some photos of my Cecropia Silkmoths (or Robin Moths). They are one of the most unreal things to run across in the wild. Absolutely amazing!

Mothsincolorresampled.jpg

MothonMauroHand.jpg

MothonGreenPlant.jpg

GinaCoveredinMoths.jpg

Have you seen Royal Walnut moths? They're pretty awesome-looking too! We had a girl earlier this year, unfortunately, she didn't seem to be fertile (must've caught her too soon) & never laid any eggs for us. They are also, sadly, very short-lived.... :(

I don't remember the last time I came across a moth in the wild with a wingspan larger than 2 inches. <_<

I have a friend who breeds a lot of my feeders for me. she would love to try something like that. she has a "gift" with breeding oddball or strange insects.

I know that my Chameleons would love them. :devil2:

if you have any extra silkworms of the robin moths I'm sure I'll find something to trade with you or pay you for them. eggs or moths would be fine too. it would make a perfect X-Mas gift for her.

need panted ladys?

5075560750_7c9e47333a_z.jpg

5075561906_100f56a7a2_z.jpg

Harry

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! I shall NEVER allow those mantid RUFFIANS to manhandle my dainty Silkmoths! Nev-ah!!! ;--)

But seriously, I don't think I could stand it. I'm JUST coming around to feeding parts of dead mantids to other mantids. I'm too much of a softy....

And, yeah - the Royals are gorgeous. I can't remember what I ordered, but I think I'm trying them in the next batch... Of course, I'll post pics when I get them - stunning colors...

do you honestly think I wold feed off such wonders? lol

no, this would be a gift to a bug lover. they wont even be sent to me. she doesn't even live in my state.

Harry

Last edited by a moderator:
I think when they fly off with your mantis you will see the error in you thought process!(warpdrive) :D

awesome pics of your robin moths,what else are you hiding from us, but no really thanks for sharing those beauties, i've never seen them that big before.

Oh, I should have some really nice moth photos in Feb/March and then some eggs available after that. I'll let you know...

Latest posts