Spraying tomorrow

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisv8855

Reaction score
I have a guy coming to spray our house for fleas and ticks because of our dogs.do I have to remove all my mantises in my room.because I have thirty different mantises with their own enclosure.or could I cover them up with something.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not an expert, but if I were in your shoes, I would definitely error on the side of caution.

I don't know enough about pesticides to know if it may not target them, but I personally doubt that it wouldn't.  Getting them out will be a lot of work, but its worse than the alternative.

It depends on what type of spray he's using. If he's using any kind of aerosol, I would remove them from the house completely for a while. If he's using the "pet safe" spray that they use around the baseboards and such, I would just move them to a room where he will not be spraying and close the door and the air vents just in case. It's better to be safe with this kind of stuff, in my opinion. 

I went ahead and rescheduled for next week 

I'm buying a small green house and gonna put my mantises in their.

It is completely covered so not rain will get it.and its temperature and humidity control.i have 30 different species so this greenhouse will worked beautiful!!!!

Latest posts