spring

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looks like spring has sprung! even though it is ice on the lake here, the cardinals are building a nest in the bushes next to my bedroom window, I see them flying past all the time I am on my pc! won't be long and the sound of babies will be waking me up!

Can't wait for all the yellow-brown to turn green, this time of year everything just looks so dead, but thats soon to change, YEAH!

Like you Rebecca the birds chirping away almost always wakes me up before I'm supposed to be up, bless their little hearts... :yawn:

76°F here :) And all the flowers are blooming!
+1 & +1 It is a beautiful day in southern California. I watered the backyard this morning and the orange tree is in full blossom, my plumeria are getting their first leaves, and I have a blooming cactus.

DSCN6063_zpsb773802d.jpg

DSCN6064_zps6c101723.jpg

Snow forcasted for tonight and most of this week here, but yesterday was awkwardly warm and melted our old snow.

So we have two days of spring then back to the white stuff

I'm so ready for spring. I wanted snow this winter because it makes for better winter photography. But it's been a long winter. I just got back from a week in Arizona where we had sun most of the time and high temps in the low to mid 80s. So, it was hard to come back to all this snow. I missed some really cold weather and more snow while I was away. There aren't too many signs of spring yet, but the birds have been signing more. We have a lot of snow to melt, and the pond in my backyard and the wetlands behind my house still have ice. It's supposed to be in the low 40s by the end of the week. Looking forward to that.

What spring? It was 70's and even 81 one day over the last few weeks. Everything was bloomed, my bees were busy, turtles were coming up and then bam it's like winter came back.

I'm so ready for spring. I wanted snow this winter because it makes for better winter photography. But it's been a long winter. I just got back from a week in Arizona where we had sun most of the time and high temps in the low to mid 80s. So, it was hard to come back to all this snow. I missed some really cold weather and more snow while I was away. There aren't too many signs of spring yet, but the birds have been signing more. We have a lot of snow to melt, and the pond in my backyard and the wetlands behind my house still have ice. It's supposed to be in the low 40s by the end of the week. Looking forward to that.
me too!! i walked in the woods yesterday and found a wild callosamia angulifera cocoon

im lookin forward to the saturniid season and only a few more weeks until diapause is broken

did u get my email tammy abt the sleeves??

I spent couple hours workin outside yesterday in the 32F weather, it was dry but ground was frozen with ice, but I was clearing old dead flower stems and such around the fence, worked so long, my feet were froze but the rest of me was sweating! Woke up this morning to 5" of falling snow and still coming down.... there are some ducks on the lake and one male does not have a mate and the other one is chasing him on the frozen lake. haha, they look funny as the snow is on the lake and they are walking real fast. looks like daffy duck in a cartoon!

beautiful flowers btw and here is my fav winter song, enjoy it while it is here u guys, before long granny will be melting!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAEqsnOQrxY

Last edited by a moderator: