Stagomatis californica mismolt

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AltarMantis

Reaction score
Hi all, finally got down to one mantis. Unfortunately she failed her molt today and cannot stand. Is there any hope for my Zeta? I've given her some honey ish what else to do for her, have been misting liberally.

Hi all, finally got down to one mantis. Unfortunately she failed her molt today and cannot stand. Is there any hope for my Zeta? I've given her some honey ish what else to do for her, have been misting liberally.
hy  , With a couple of mis-moults that I have dealt with I actually took a dropper of water and saturated the nymph or the area of exoskeleton still connected. This helped in the minor cases , not certain how trapped your mantid is .... S

I tried the dropper, misted her tons. Poor thing is hardly moving. I think shes about L5-6 but I have no clue how she'll hang from anything.

1487893116162-211458286.jpg

She'll probably be able to chew that off on her own, luckily it's just a leg. Make sure to give her lots of water to drink, as they loose a lot of moisture when molting, and like you were doing, hand feed her honey or maybe a sliced open feeder for strength. Best of luck with your mantis

With one nymph who had just one leg stuck i moistened the stuck part with water and carefully removed part of the stuck area and he lived two more months. They do ok if just a leg has mismolted. Also Minty Mantis had a back leg mismolt and did got around fine for months.

Unfortunately she's missing her other rear leg and her right raptoral is non operational, I think I witnessed her attempting to amputate it to no avail darker since her range of motion is severely reduced.

Latest posts