Sterile Idolo

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mvalenz

Reaction score
I can not remember where I saw it on the forum, but I read that if an idolo is on a steady diet of crix it will become sterile. I have been searching online and the forum and can not find it. Is this true? I also remember reading of one Idolo that produced one nymph and was on nothing but crix. Can't remember where I saw that either. I wanted to mate my male idolo but I have been feeding it nothing but crix since it molted to subadult. He was given a fly or two during that time though. Before this it was on a diet of house and bluebottle flies. Will it be a futile attempt to try and mate?

That's a rumor that has since be proven false. Sporeworld who fed a female ONLY crickets as an experiment and she still produced perfectly fertile ooths.

it wasn't only crickets, it was a mix of different food including crickets, so please don't make them suffer on them??? Just give them flies and be happy with the resualts...

Their diet can be vary. I feed all of my mantids BBs & crickets. No problem with it so far... however I have a female oxy that laid her first ooth. She was mated prematurely. I hope to see some nymphs in the next month.

Latest posts