Still grumpy??

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agent A

the autistic flower mantis
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my femme popa has been aggressive towards the advances of the memme for a few weeks which I attributed to being abt to lay another ooth

She laid one this mornin and ate 2 adult Nauphoeta since

But when u introduced them today he advanced at her but she was still aggressive? Is something wrong with her?

Thanx

Simple. She s a lesbian.
I dont think mantids have Hypothalamus (but they can still determine if they are thirsty, hungry etc in a with a different part of their brain) so they cant be homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual, pansexual (Very, very rare in humans) But good try though

I see I have been watching bones, criminal minds and studying the BAU a little to much :detective:

So my femme popa has been aggressive towards the advances of the memme for a few weeks which I attributed to being abt to lay another ooth

She laid one this mornin and ate 2 adult Nauphoeta since

But when u introduced them today he advanced at her but she was still aggressive? Is something wrong with her?

Thanx
I would feed her alot and feed her while the male is creeping closer. So she stays distracted... Keep the food coming lol!!! :D :chef:

Last edited by a moderator:
A thing that we often overlook, Y.A., is that in nature, a flying or perambulating male would be likely to pass right on by if she wasn't emitting pheromones, "calling". It is often said that more males are eaten when attempting to copulate in captivity than n the wild because we don't give them enough room to escape, but I believe that a share of these deaths are due to presenting a hapless male to a female that isn't ready. I also occasionally see a report of a "stupid' male that mounts a female facing her butt rather than her head. This is because he has visually recognized her as a female and is trying to detect her pheromones which identify her as being ready to mate and also the right species (and yes, Y trap experiments have been done that demonstrate this, but it would make a good science project.).

Well I will put a damper on the lesbian theory by sayin males mounted her before and she was ok with it, they just never connected for some reason :mad:

I shall feed her up and intro again tomorrow :D

this is getting crazy :(

Good luck hope it goes well tomorrow. If not you can always wait until the female starts to call Yuma makes some good points.

can i crush up a tranquilizer pill like zanax or something, mix it with honey water, and give it to her or inject it into a nauphoeta to calm her down? if not then i wont, just curious :D

you could try but the male might think it is a fallen twig than a female mantis ;)

If the male is already mounted on her you could use Chlorform or Rohypnol to calm her down before she strikes, I know some home made solutions if you are curious. WOW! I have listen to Dr. Reid for 2 long!! LOL

Latest posts