Still worried about overfeeding your mantis ? ........

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah ive noticed that there seems to be a alot of empty shells in ht bottom of the tub they live in but didnt notice any crickets from the next instar i know what they look like cause i actually sat and watched a few molt when i was bored, but i cant find them and there seems to be a lot less crickets moving about that when i bought it so i do think i have a disaesed batch so ill buy a new batch tomorrow if i get another batch of disased ones ill kick the pet shop in the balls and say they have shitty crickets, and btw how do i dispose of these crickets i have, i live in scotland and im worried about releasing them incase they are not a native species, i dont actually know what species they are.

har har! a little longer might help..i pop em in for five mins and they just go to sleep..then wake up in the grasp of my mantids! Sure stops them trying to hop away when feeding time comes... :twisted:

Errr. I don't actually remeber, but she did produce a couple more ootheca. The abdomen reduced to about half that size by the next day :shock:

Overfeeding in itself isn't necessarily what causes a mantis to go boom. It is when they are nice and fat and then fall. Humpty dumpty type of deal. Or, if a nymph damaged its abdomen and it is not fully healed, and THEN it gets stuffed it will have a higher chance of oozing. Nothing really to worry about unless you know your mantid has a tough time clinging to things in its enclosure.

Love that fatty pic btw! :shock:

Latest posts