Stinger Nosquito Indoor bug trap

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nasty bugger

Reaction score
Right here, in front of this computer screen
This is the item I was refering to before, that my cousin had. I just got it from him two days ago. He got if for a couple bucks at a yard sale.

The 'Indoor' bug trap doesn't use a shock to kill the bugs. It sucks them in and traps them.

The price on this ebay item is higher than others, so shop around if you are inclined to get one. I posted this one cause I thought it layed out the functions pretty well, and I don't have the cable to link my camera to the computer for pics, or I'd show you the drawer where the bugs go, the flapper valve etc.

The ad says you can catch fruit flies, but I think the screen in the catch drawer is a bit course to hold fruit flies, but moths and flies would work. I will caution you to check it often, cause I checked it after a couple hours, and the flies that were in it were dried up and dead.

The switch that is on the front middle of the unit flips a butterfly valve/door open and at the same time turns the fan on that sucks the bug in, as well as it turns on the light that attracts them to the unit. The switch is in the middle of a drawer that pulls out, the switch has to be in the off position to remove the drawer or you'll rip the butterfly valve off, and has a section in it that you lift the lid off and get the bugs out.

Not many bugs out in the colder evening so no successful live catches, yet :) I need to set it up near a horse stall or dog area or something in the city where the bugs are, and close to where I'm at.

The item is made by a company called Stinger. The unit is called 'Nosquito' indoor bug trap, but I think the screen my be too course to hold skeeters in also, but I may be wrong. This unit does not fry the insects.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...&lpage=none

OR

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MOSQUITO-INSECT-IN...C293%3A1%7C294%

There are less expensive nosquito units on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I will continue to go outside in the warm months and catch hundreds of grasshoppers and other bugs by hand or with a net. Seems much faster and more fun.

I think I will continue to go outside in the warm months and catch hundreds of grasshoppers and other bugs by hand or with a net. Seems much faster and more fun.
Very true... :lol:

I also go to my backyard to catch grasshoppers and Damselflies...

Sure, that might be fine in the warm months, but what do you do in the summer? :eek:
Yup, we know :) He probably has alot more humidity to make it miserable enough though. 82 degrees in my living room right now, and I have a two fans on, and the grow light just kicked on, so here comes the heat.

I'm moving the males to the back of the house where it's only in the mid high seventies :)

I never know when I'll have time to catch anything since I'm on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I was thinking about moths for this unit, more than anything else, other than flies at manure piles.

I do know one thing about bugs, when I was brewing my own beer from grain I had plenty of bugs trying to get into the ol' malted grain sack. I could use that to lure some bugs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts