Strange Feeding Behavior

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaddock

Reaction score
I usually just drop the fruit flies in with my nymphs and let them have at them, but every few days I will isolate and feed until they are stuffed. Today I did just that, and four of my nymphs showed great interest and ate a large amount of prey. My largest devil flower, a female I am pretty sure, seemed completely uninterested, which I found strange since her abdomen is getting very flat... I had initially offered her a tiny cricket since she seemed to be graduating from the fruit flies, but she wouldn't take it. Is it possible she may have become uneasy because of this? I left her in with some fruit flies and she just sat there. She seems energetic, but maybe a little bit pale... Could this be pre-molt behavior? Also, the budwing I tried to feed seemed very upset, maybe frightened of the flies... what? It is usually by far the most intelligent of eaters. Anyway, let me know what you think!

its allready been said.

But definately pre-molt behavior.

He/she might not even eat after they molt for a day or two.

Don't worry about it.

I saw the budwing molt, and the devil flower is now eating though it looks very pale. They have each devoured their first cricket!!!

I love mantids!!! :D

Latest posts