Stumbled across this cool video on a new honey gathering invention

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw that awhile back. When I was keeping bees this would have been really handy. 

Nice but looks too good to be true, makes me wonder what the drawbacks are to the system. Thanks for sharing though as there are some beekeepers on the forum that might not have seen it yet. :)

Nice but looks too good to be true, makes me wonder what the drawbacks are to the system. Thanks for sharing though as there are some beekeepers on the forum that might not have seen it yet. :)
Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. Too good to be true, there has to be something that disrupts the bees some-way, some-how? Especially since it's been over a year now and it doesn't seem to be catching on.

I really don't know anything about bee keeping.. but I thought the idea was cool lol.

One big thing I am guessing is price. I saw some people into beekeeping debating these and another thing is most people invested in keeping bees need to pull out all the panels anyways to carefully check their stock. Getting honey/wax when they do this is a small additional step at that point. This hive looks like it might be nice for the hobbiest that just wants one hive. It is still so new though it will take time to see how it actually performs.

I almost seems like one of those too good to be true things.  I'm not suggesting there is anything wrong going on just that it seems to be a little too simple or maybe just a lot too expensive.  Looks like a setup costs anywhere from 300-500 bucks depending on the bells and whistles you get which i suppose wouldn't be that bad if it produced like they claim it does.

There is a lot of negative talk going an around it as well though admittedly most is from traditional bee keepers who stand to loses a lot if this were to really work and take off.

Latest posts