Substrate?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thomas, at least you have some sense of smell. Mine is zero which means food is about texture only. I can taste salt, sugar and spice just burns my mouth, but no flavor so it's just mean. I used to love to cook, but I can't flavor anything especially recipes that say salt and pepper to taste. So, what this has done, is I don't care what I eat. I could eat Cheerios 3 times a day 'cause it makes no difference to me. My husband now cooks because he wants meat, etc. The result: he's way over-weight and I'm possibly too slim. People who can smell don't realize that chocolate and peanut butter taste like wax if you can't smell them. And, I agree, the cat's litter boxes are no problem, the dead rat in the wall last spring didn't faze me, and bagging dog poop is a breeze. Oh, well.

(I had to remove some of the black shelf liner from the cages. They were so dark! I left two inches along the top of the walls, just enough to hang on to. Mantids are much happier. I also added some silk flowers like in your tutorial. Looks a lot better.) They seem to like the shelf paper--they don't seems to be jerking their feet loose anymore.)

I think my female is looking better, by the way. Three weeks and no ooth (T. sinensis). I recognize that she has health issues, but she has managed so far. Would not laying eggs kill her anyway?Wow, I'm so sorry

I would love some isopods and springtails..I have two cages 8 X 12 X 10 (at the moment.) Happy to pay you.

PM? Probably means personal message but where do I do that? Oh, no, another lesson needed....Thanks so much.

I'm so sorry about all the topics here, but it's easier than jumping all over :stuart:

Thomas, at least you have some sense of smell. Mine is zero which means food is about texture only. I can taste salt, sugar and spice just burns my mouth, but no flavor so it's just mean. I used to love to cook, but I can't flavor anything especially recipes that say salt and pepper to taste. So, what this has done, is I don't care what I eat. I could eat Cheerios 3 times a day 'cause it makes no difference to me. My husband now cooks because he wants meat, etc. The result: he's way over-weight and I'm possibly too slim. People who can smell don't realize that chocolate and peanut butter taste like wax if you can't smell them. And, I agree, the cat's litter boxes are no problem, the dead rat in the wall last spring didn't faze me, and bagging dog poop is a breeze. Oh, well.

(I had to remove some of the black shelf liner from the cages. They were so dark! I left two inches along the top of the walls, just enough to hang on to. Mantids are much happier. I also added some silk flowers like in your tutorial. Looks a lot better.) They seem to like the shelf paper--they don't seems to be jerking their feet loose anymore.)

I think my female is looking better, by the way. Three weeks and no ooth (T. sinensis). I recognize that she has health issues, but she has managed so far. Would not laying eggs kill her anyway?Wow, I'm so sorry

I would love some isopods and springtails..I have two cages 8 X 12 X 10 (at the moment.) Happy to pay you.

PM? Probably means personal message but where do I do that? Oh, no, another lesson needed....Thanks so much.

I'm so sorry about all the topics here, but it's easier than jumping all over :stuart:
Well it seems I got you beat by a bit then. ;) Indeed it does make some tasks a breeze, but not worth it.

As others mentioned she shouldn't have a problem laying a ooth, only time will tell as even if she mated or not she will lay ooths. My Tenodera girls are slow to lay their first ooth, all tend to be 30-40 days in.

You are correct, I sent you a PM instead. To send one you can do it by clicking the member name or profile picture then click the button that says "Send me a message". Not much to it, just something to learn.

Latest posts