SUCCESS #2!!!!!!!!!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantisGirl13

Reaction score
I have tried for months to breed my Budwing mantids. I have four females, and I have gone through four males trying to get them bred. No male was even remotely interested. A few weeks ago I put out an ad saying I needed another male P. affinis and @Bentis generously gave me his male, Jorge. Jorge was the first male affinis to get the job done for me!! Fertile ooths on the way!!

IMG_4579.jpgThank you so much, @Bentis!

- MantisGirl13

He was connected for about 45 minutes. He is still mounted but disconnected. I hope 45 mins was enough time!

- MantisGirl13

He's successful because he has a name and that makes him want to pass down his genes.  😂

Ya, but boring just sitting and watching them... Want to make sure Jorge lives to mate another day! 

- MantisGirl13

Seven hours later... They disconnected and Jorge walked into my hand and then flew a few feet to keep himself safe. He landed right in front of the female, so he wasn't as safe as he thought, but she was full fed and I scooped him out before any harm was done. 

2 fertile females so far and Jorge has lived to mate another day! (2 gals left, although I don't want to be overrun with nymphs so I don't know if I'll breed them.)

- MantisGirl13

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts