Suitable mantis food

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyc666

Reaction score
Ive just been reading an article on the net and it claims that the following are poisonous for mantids:

bees, wasps, spiders, woodlice, crickets, Indian stick insects, Peruvian stick insects.

Ive fed most of these (only crippled stick insects) to my mantids at some time or another with no ill effect. Am i harming my bugs or not?

Did they die or show any ill effects? If not then the food was fine. Don't worry so much.

all are fine . it's what they would eat the wild so why would they delibratly eat things they do not like and would kill them ? theres lots of things people say about mantids and whats poisonous for em . bees and wasps are precautionary as they might sting your mantids but still edible, spiders bite but there still edible , woodlice are not worth eaten as there all shell and no meat , crickets ???? everyone uses crickets but not sure on the stick insects . i doubt they will do jack to your mantids health, you even said so yourself that you saw no ill effect . thats one site made by one person , this forum has hundreds of people . who would you think is better asking ? :)

Neil

edit : ok , rick got there before me lol , so yea . problem solved

Latest posts