Summer plans/goals?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantisGirl13

Reaction score
Hi! I'm order to make this forum a bit more active, I thought I'd ask a question! 

What are your plans or goals for the next few months? 

My plans:

Go camping all summer and have an awesome time

My goals:

Train to be fit and a strong enough swimmer to be a lifeguard next summer and to make the swim team this fall

Work on becoming fluent in American Sign Language (ASL)

- MantisGirl13

Aw man. What are my goals? 

I need to do some maintenance on my car. I hate paying out money so I try to do what I can myself. Audi cars arent cheap to maintain, so all the more reason. Money saved on repairs can go into more mantises. 😳 

I also want to to get more involved with plants. When younger, I was very much into plants. Ive seemed to stray from that interest. 

We have family (wife's side) coming in from Alabama this summer, so that something's to look forward to. 

Finally, I want Caleb on two wheels, but he doesn't really care for for ripping around on bikes. I dunno. 

Sounds like great goals and plans! I hope Caleb learns to love biking!

- MantisGirl13

I live by the day,  so no goals (boring, I know)

This summer we go camping again. but I don't know where yet. That depends on the weather. It has to be nice and warm so I can be outside all day. Maybe it is soundern France (mostly  nice and warm when we go there)

My goals are to get the eff outside more! In my neck of the woods there has been literally 7x the amount of snow than usual, making me go shack happy. My jeep was out of commission the one weekend I planned on taking the camper out, but that's all fixed now.

I am close by to some great fossil hunting grounds and I would also like to find those awesome looking mantidflies. But I'll probably just work all summer like always.

Way more indoor gardening. I love gardening, but my patio’s full of pots, so now I’ve got nowhere else to go but inside. Not that I’m complaining  :D

Took some cuttings of my Schefflera today, have to wait a few weeks to see if they take. Also got a huge Sweet Dario peace lily from my garden center that I’ve been obsessed with for the last few days. I also got a southern maidenhair fern. I’ve heard they can be a little finicky, so I guess I’ll be testing out the color of my thumb

Just hope to get to see grandkids as I have to much work to go anywhere. Havent been camping for over 30 years, loved it though. Would like to go fishing with grandson if we can. New grandbaby coming this month.

Just hope to get to see grandkids as I have to much work to go anywhere. Havent been camping for over 30 years, loved it though. Would like to go fishing with grandson if we can. New grandbaby coming this month.
Sounds like fun! Congrats on the new grandbaby!

- MantisGirl13

I want to learn more of another language while I still have this much free time. Either try to become sort of fluent in Russian or learn more German.

Maybe I should make it a goal to handle some my handleable inverts more often, especially the jumping spider.

Next week vacation time: in weekend i will see where there is nice weather and them we choose were we are going. 😁

I couldn't find a mantis sitter because they are on vacation the same time as me. So my mantids and hissers will be going with us too.

Latest posts