Superworm Stalker

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud jaguar

Reaction score
My wife's S. Limbata (she named her "Morganna") is a fine and plump, yet smallish specimin. I attempted to feed her a Superworm (what are those things, anyways?) through her feeding hole and it fell onto the coco substrate of her lair and disappeared into the . Immediately she ran down the vertical stick in her enclosure and commenced to stalking the intruder. A couple of hours later and she is waiting there still :)

They turn into a beetle. Not on my list of mantis foods.

She finally found it after a couple of hours of stalking! The S. Limbatas eat the superworms like candy but tthe superworms do scare the beans out of the little S. Californica!

Yeah! Nasty jaws!!!! My first experince with em was a lesson well learned as the evil mega worm grabbed hold of my L4's little forearm and you could see him shaking his arm to disconnect it so to speak!! I grabbed it and off with it's head!!! now for protien I only feed them to my mantids if i am out of other foods and I behead em first just for measure!!!! :angry: And when I found out they turn into beetles that was new!!! :mellow:

Yeah! Nasty jaws!!!! My first experince with em was a lesson well learned as the evil mega worm grabbed hold of my L4's little forearm and you could see him shaking his arm to disconnect it so to speak!! I grabbed it and off with it's head!!! now for protien I only feed them to my mantids if i am out of other foods and I behead em first just for measure!!!! :angry: And when I found out they turn into beetles that was new!!! :mellow:

People feed these to mantises? :huh: Like people have said above those jaws are nasty first time I got a couple when I had some chinese mantises I saw the jaws shook my head and gave the worm to an emperor scorpion I had at the time.

@sk8erkho: They're Zophobas beetles in their adult state I used to let them turn into the beetles and fed them to the scorpion I mentioned above, might be able to feed them to mantises actually they don't seem to have the jaws they had in their larva state someone could try that I was never bitten by the beetle form but was bit by the larva once.

Here's a good image of a Zophobas

FISWBEETLE1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts