T. Sinensis Breeding Question

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was able to mate two of my Chinese with success yesterday for the first time. :) She's my big girl! I have a few more that I'm trying but few of the ladies I have had some bad molts to adulthood. They're on the smaller side with messed up wings. The males I've placed with then don't seem very interested. Are they maybe not "attracted" to her because of her small size and wings? Also, the last Chinese I had that laid an ooth (it was unfertile last year) died immediately after, but I know other species lay multiple ooths. Do Chinese only lay one and pass shortly after or was she maybe not well to make it to lay another one for me? She was pretty old after she laid...

my Tenodera is still kicking, she pregnant and has laid an ooth about a week....maybe 2 weeks back.

they usually lay multiple eggs.

maybe there was something wrong with your last?

Cool! I'm glad to hear they lay a few. I wasn't able to find much googling that! :) must have been something wrong with her last year then. :( thanks!

Funny thing is my first t. Sinensis had the same problem last year layer her ooth and she passed away a little after.

Latest posts