Teeth cleaning turned into oral surgery

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Healing well and eating fine, just avoiding that side. Also a little cold sensitivity, but that's about it. I haven't been to the dentist in soooo long. I have medical insurance through the VA, but they do not cover dental and I couldn't afford any more debt so I prioritized out dental. I go to USC dental school for treatment and it costs me NOTHING! The students were saying this procedure would run a couple thousand dollars in private practice. My work was done by the instructor/supervisor and the students assisted mostly. I think if someone can teach dentistry at USC, they are probably better than any regular dentist I could find. Not to mention a whole lot cheaper. I'm hoping that I can get a couple implants out of this, too. My grant that I fallk under does not cover them. BUT...The instructor said that if I "prove" that I am going to take care of my teeth she can authorize the implants. I'm jazzed, because I DO take care of my teeth. I haven't mentioned my last dental apontment was probably before some of the younger ones were born. I've got a great smile (even if I'm missing 2 teeth now) :lol: My teeth are nice and white and even the dental students said how nice they were. If i put my finger up to the side of my mouth when I smile, you'd never know. Maybe I'll just go all Dr. evil and use my pinkie.
austin_powers_dr_evil.jpg