Tell everyone a little about yourself/post a pic if you want

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
I am 28 years old, grew up in the midwest (Illinois), been interested in mantids about my whole life. At 18 I joined the Army and did about eight years. In addition to mantids I have turtles, couple cats, and of course all of the feeder insects. Pic is futher down.

Guess everyone on here is shy. Mantis community is small and it is nice to attach a face to the name a know a little about the people you talk to on here. :D

Somebody finally posted in this and I deleted everything in my post earlier.

Leah, do you remember me now? :D

Any for the rest of you that don't know, I live in Southern Missouri close to Springfield. I mostly keep scorpions and tarantulas but I have also kept alot of mantids in the past (none of the exotic species). I don't have any mantids at the moment but I do have many many Chinese Mantid ooths that I will hatch out this Spring/Summer.

mvc002s2eb.jpg

Sorry, I don't have any pics, otherwise I might have posted. Anyway, I am 26, I am a grad student in entomology at Purdue University. I grew up in Binghamton, NY and moved to Indiana to major in entomology. I have been interested in inverts all of my life. I kept mantids(T. sinensis and M. religiosa)on and off throughout my life. I didn't dive into exotic mantids until about 4 years ago (S. lineola). I also keep 16 species of tarantulas and 1 cat.

Hey Brian, nice janday, i got a sun! Although im not sure if he's staying... various problems at home with him :(

Im 18 doing my degree in IT... Thats about it. Sorry no picture.

My name is Dino I grew up in New York Queens ( guess that makes me a yankee :p ) When I turned 9 I started to raise mantids. When I turned 13 I found out about the forum and joined. I live in North Carolina. My favorite food is Japeneese food.Hobby's are racing my friends in bike contests, reading about scorpions tarantulas and mantids, looking around on the internet, fishing, watching animal planet ( my favorite show on there is animal face-off )writing, taking pictures on my camera, reading about ancient creatures ( like the Mothman ) buying exotic bugs, going out in the woods and finding things, making my own bookmarks and swimming. straight "B" student ( I admit it I sometimes don't do so hot on test grades. ) When I get older I am planing to be a Geoligist. Have a twin brother named Arnold. My pets are a cockatiel bird named Paulie, Tailess whip scorpion called Carnivore, A male ( red ) betta named Killer I called him this because once I put a guppie in the tank to see what would happen because I had read that male bettas are very aggresive and that guppie was no more :shock: , 2 spiny flower mantids, 4 red arm mantids, a puppie named spike, a male hamster ( can not think of a name for him yet ), a green anole lizard named Predator and about 8 Chinese mantids. One thing I hate is mowing the backyard and lawn. But after a while you get used to it. Going on to the 7th grade. Last my favorite sport is Kickball.

Well, I am Ian Batten, and I am 14 (please note I am not 79 like I added on the other post) and I rearing and breeding mantids, and other inverts, (spiders, cockroaches, beetles) I also have an aray of reptiles. I have a lot of chameleons, or which my female yemen has just laid a clutch of eggs. I have 3 leopard geckos, and a tortoise. Got 12 spur thighed tortoise eggs incubating, should have a hatch in a couple of weeks.

Please feel free to have a look through my photoalbum

http://photobucket.com/albums/v724/reptilelover

I am always taking snaps of my herps and insects, mainly closeups. I am also working on a new mantis website, should be up and running in the next few weeks.

Cheers,

Ian

Hmmm

Ok My name is Joshua, i am 32 and off and on have keep mantids for some 22 years now, mostly off than on, though i do have 3 l2 chinese mantids

I've lived in michigan all my life, but come oct i am moving to sunny san diego, where i will be an EMT/Firefighter, and work on getting my wild life biology degree

the rest of my life is rather boring, i have a bird *loud and annoying* a cat *not mine really* and a bearded dragon of about 4 years old, i love photography, and any contact sport, once i get to cali, i will start boxing again

sorry dont have a pic, im workin gon it

Wow. Brought this thread back from the dead.

Howdy! I'm Yen. Living in Houston but originally from Malaysia. I like aquatic animals but ending up keeping mantids :p together with my 8-yr old son. My wife been asking me to quit this hobby saying i'm too old for this ... bummer!! :?

If i can choose the king of insect, Praying mantis is the one!!

Ok, I'll play. But no pics, I don't post pics of myself on the net :twisted: I'm 29, married, live in northern Utah, and I'm a pilot for a regional airline. Mantids are just one of my many other hobbies. I'm an avid hiker. I hike like a madman. I like to fly (duh) and I take many, many photographs. I estimate I have over 10,000 photos spanning many dvd's. You can see a small sample of some of my pics at http://photobucket.com/albums/v315/Interloper/ I also like to travel, and computers are a "down time" hobby of mine. Sadly, I'm going to have to cut back very soon on my mantid hobby as my schedule is becoming insanely busy. But I hope to always keep at least one or two mantids.

Howdy! I'm Yen. Living in Houston but originally from Malaysia. I like aquatic animals but ending up keeping mantids :p together with my 8-yr old son. My wife been asking me to quit this hobby saying i'm too old for this ... bummer!! :? If i can choose the king of insect, Praying mantis is the one!!
No such thing as too old for any hobby.

Seeing as everyones doing it.. I'm Sam from Devon, England. I'm 14 and new to exotic animals :) Although when I go to Gibraltar (south of spain) I catch african mantids and then release them back before I leave. I have a puppy called Ace but have had numerous other animals in the past..

Not really as interesting as some other people lol

My names Joe, i'm 15 gonna be 16 in a week. i've been keeping mantids for about 8 years, kept common mantids for 6 years and exotics for 2 years.

Joe

Well, my name is Alan, I'm 29 and I'm studying a Zoology degree at the mo (mature student!!). Kept a couple of mantids and tons of herps before and I've just finished a 2 week entomology field trip which has got me back into bugs.

I'm hoping to set up a group of a few different species for breeding and to study hence all my recent posts.

Particularly interested in the cryptic looking mantids eg, Dead leaf, Ghost, Violin and Flower mantids......gotta spend my student loan on something!!!!