tell me what I got!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mister B

Reaction score
Howdy folks.....bought two of these labeled "Rhombodera sp." and was hoping someone could identify which species they were. I might be asking for a miracle here but I figured this was the best place to start haha. If better pics are needed let me know. Thanks in advance!

Hahaha.....so you were there too.

Yeah I got them at the show. Guy is a friend of mine; I usually pick up something from him. I hang out at his table pretty much the whole time haha. In fact I've talked to him and hung out there so much he'll let me take over for a short period so he can grab food or use the bathroom haha.

So you're one of the people that bought him out. When I found his table they were all gone. He told me they were Malaysian shield mantids but he had none left.

You really cannot tell them apart by color. Some nymphs can be simply more darker or lighter then the others.

So the unanimous vote is R. stalii, thanks for the help!!

So you're one of the people that bought him out. When I found his table they were all gone. He told me they were Malaysian shield mantids but he had none left.
Yup haha.....he only had four and within a half hour one was gone so I decided to grab 'em before I missed out. I didn't get a chance to sex the one he had sold but the other three were males. I actually thought I had a pair until I got home and saw the extra two segments....I was kinda rushing it cause I knew they would go quick and missed the extra two on one of them haha. So with that said, anyone got an extra female? It's been a while since I've bred any mantis and was looking for something new to try. While I'm at it I've got a lone adult green female ghost lookin' to get busy haha, if anyone has spare males. Thanks again everyone!

So the unanimous vote is R. stalii, thanks for the help!!

Yup haha.....he only had four and within a half hour one was gone so I decided to grab 'em before I missed out. I didn't get a chance to sex the one he had sold but the other three were males. I actually thought I had a pair until I got home and saw the extra two segments....I was kinda rushing it cause I knew they would go quick and missed the extra two on one of them haha. So with that said, anyone got an extra female? It's been a while since I've bred any mantis and was looking for something new to try. While I'm at it I've got a lone adult green female ghost lookin' to get busy haha, if anyone has spare males. Thanks again everyone!
I've got 5 females and no males >.< I would love to trade but mailing over borders might be risky

Latest posts