Tell the truth: are you afraid of mantids?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all people who had for some reason desided to click on this thread! Well, you read the topic title, "Tell the truth: are you afraid of mantids?" I can tell you that I am actualy terrified of roaches! Are you afraid of mantids? Here is the story of how I became afraid of roaches: One night when I was 5 years, I was brushing my teeth after a shower I felt a strange sensation on my spine! I turned my head around to look and there right on my back was a 4 or 5 inch palmedo bug (common in florida)!!! I tried to shake it of but it clung to me like a leach! I ran though the house with only a towl and a collosal palmetto bug clinging to my back screaming bloody murder untill I slammed my back against the wall and splattered insect organs all over my skin! :(
Why dont you make the title are you afraid of roaches. Kinda switched topics lol are you afraid of mantids. let me tell you why i am afraid of roaches lol

Let's see, until I started raising them, I never held one, too chicken and actually my scardy cat sister (the one on the right in avatar) held an adult before I did. But my list of scardy things iscennitipeds, millipieds, roaches, silverfish, some spiders, snakes, worms, and more worms, ticks, tomato hornworms :blink: fleas, wasps, bees, hornets, muddabbers, leeches, hookworms, beetles, junebugs and the list goes on.!!!
ok centipedes, snakes and some spiders i can sort of understand but all the others!?!?!

"chicken :p :lol:

Am I the only one who's afraid of crickets? I mean, I don't even handle them, I just dump a couple with my mantids, or scoop a couple of them with this tool/thing and dump them with the mantids. I just don't like how they look, and the sound of "thumping" when they jump. Their mandibles allways sticking out, and dragging along the floor creeps me out.

I used to handle crickets, and catch them etc. for my bearded dragon. But when I had my beardie for three years, the crix started eating his eyelid thingies a liitle :blink: . He still lived for a couple of months, before he died of disease. Ever since them, I was afraid of crix. Then it turned into a slight hatred when I came home from school, and the crix had devoured a freshley made ootheca :angry: . Sorry, I kinda went off...man I hate crickets. As I say, the only good cricket is the one getting eaten :p

:lol: I have enough spiders here, no need to buy any, we have to set our alarm to make sure we turn over in the night, cause the spiders will spin us into a web while we sleep. ha ha my house if full of them this year, I am afraid to spray for them cause I am afraid the mantis will get hurt. Wonder if I can use some selvin on the floors.

spiders are ugly, i mean seriously. why the heck would u want one ?
But what about the fuzzy tarantulas, they are so fluffy and cute looking and scream snuggle and let me hug you with my eight hairy legs. :wub: Just overlook the fact tarantula hair is usually used as a defense irritant to avoid such things as getting their guts squeezed out by sneak attack hugs. >__>

But what about the fuzzy tarantulas, they are so fluffy and cute looking and scream snuggle and let me hug you with my eight hairy legs. :wub: Just overlook the fact tarantula hair is usually used as a defense irritant to avoid such things as getting their guts squeezed out by sneak attack hugs. >__>
the only thing a tarantula would see of me is the BOTTOM OF MY SHOE!!!

yea i love furry tarantulas, so cute :wub:

Latest posts