Thailand Wild Mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guapoalto049

Reaction score
I took a trip to Thailand and found around 10 species or so of mantid. I visited Khao Sok national park and found only one mantid during the few hour night hike, but it was a treasure: A male subadult Deroplatys cf indica. This species is described in the literature only from a holotype male in India. If anyone has more information on the pictured mantid or the species please contact me. The remainder were found outside the primary forest.

In order: above mentioned, Hierodula sp adult male, Amantis sp nymph, Tropidomantis sp. nymph, Rhombodera basalis female nymph, Acromantis cf formosana adult male, Hierodula sp female nymph, Rhombodera cf megaera adult female, Rhombodera on flower (they were all over), first instar, Tropidomantis ooth, Tenodera sp, and Gimantis sp

Awesome! Where?

Thanks! Where in Thailand will you be?
I fly to Phuket first,  want to visit Khao Sok for sure, then for a few days to Malaysia. The main goal is to visit Taman Negara National Park. 

In the meantime the beach, interspersed with crawling through bushes in search of insects :p  I will make photorelation too :)

Latest posts