The Bumble Bee Game (Macro Video)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really am impressed by your video, not only because it is so well photographed but because you even thought to do it! I mess with honey bees on most days, but I would never think of trying to lure one onto my finger -- they have such a compulsive work ethic that I doubt that they would take the time. :D

Thanks for posting it. The word "unique" is overused and misused, but it applies here!

catch me some of them bumble bees and ill pay ya with some other feeders. trades any1?
I think they're called carpenter bees. They're too big for all my mantises. My Violins and Ghosts eat smaller bumble bees, but these are just too big.

I don't know that I could catch enough to make it worth it for you. Plus I wouldn't know how to get them all into a single container to ship. Something tells me they would give me a hard time about a buzzing box at the post office too. :blink:

I really am impressed by your video, not only because it is so well photographed but because you even thought to do it! I mess with honey bees on most days, but I would never think of trying to lure one onto my finger -- they have such a compulsive work ethic that I doubt that they would take the time. :D

Thanks for posting it. The word "unique" is overused and misused, but it applies here!
I like to share little peeks into my antics. I do this all the time. I'm always luring bees, wasps, and butterflies onto my finger. Just about any insect really. When people see me doing it they generally either think I'm nuts or supernatural.

The Silver-Spotted Skipper moths are the most fun. Once I win them over and get them on my finger they like to land on me on their own. Nothing freaks someone out more than sticking out my finger and having a wild skipper moth land on it. They especially like to perch on my shaved head!

303.jpg

All in good fun.

Some vids from before I had a good camera...

u got some CAJONES messin with those bees like that!
Other than a vicious sting and mandibles able to chew through wood they're practically defenseless. :blink:

What could possibly go wrong? :lol:

I'm starting a National Bumble Bee Game League. You in?

The bumble bees around where I live arent even able to sting. They dive bomb but never sting
Don't destroy the mystique! I'm sure these can sting really super bad, and I even heard their venom is more like rattlesnake venom than bee venom!

I just scared myself. I'll never be able to handle them again. :(

True Story:

A five-year-old Precarious was ring barer in his uncle's wedding. At the reception he wandered into the parking lot in his little white tux and began kicking a log. The bumble bees living in the log swarmed him and he was stung 16 times. His body began to swell. They shot him up with adrenaline at the ER because his organs were also beginning to swell.

I remember looking down at my hand, which had received multiple stings, and seeing it swollen like a balloon. I was deathly afraid of insects after that. I would walk down the middle of the street to avoid the trees, because that's where the bugs lived.

When I turned 18 I decided to get over my fear of insects... so I did.

THE END! :p

:lol: Thanks for the generous offer Precarious! Your generosity is just never ending huh? lmao
You're my bug buddy. I just wanna make sure you live a full life and experience all that you can. :innocent:

Besides, I know a couple bees that are angry because some numbskull woke them up. I'll send them your way...

Bzzzzzzzz....

( OUCH! > :eek: <-Laura G

( Toot-toot! > :whistling: <-Precarious whistling the theme from The Sting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97mSAAzwtv8

Latest posts