The Greatest Loss.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAME

Tenodera sinensis (the one and only)
Reaction score
To the community,

I regret to inform you that tonight's one of the few final nights our dearest and most beloved Echo may have left with us. Though she still clings onto life, she's grown extremely old and feeble. Today I noted she's indeed taken a turn for the worst, as now she's grown so weak she can barely keep her head up.... Let alone her massive body. With her inability to climb or to keep herself up I'm afraid her time is near.

I've tried everything I could to comfort her on her way out, down to her favorite snack, the honey treat, which she declined. Never before has Echo refused her honey treats, until today...

I will forever remember all the found memories I was lucky enough to have created with this majestic creature, for she was my first pet mantis and the mantis that started it all for me.

Though with the taking of life, Echo was kind enough to bless me with 5 fat ooths. Many of those I hatch will be release in spring, as I want my babies offspring to continue to flourish in my area, but of course there will be the certain few that stay with me to remind me of their mother and all the knowledge she had brought to me.

I will also be posting her entire log when she passes, and plan to continue it with her next generation of young.

Thank you,

-LAME.

It is so sad when we reach this point. Dont forget to give her a kiss and tell her you love her.Im sorry you hurt right now.

Thanks Sticky, I got to spend the last hour she had with her in my hand, I offered her one last honey treat for her journey to the other side that she did take, she looked so pathetic and I knew it was time. She passed away soon after she finished her favorite snack.

So sorry for your loss.. It is hard when a pet becomes so close.. But she has left you in charge of her next generation.. and we are looking forward to celebrating her life with the new babies and stories to come... Looking forward to your/her log... Fly free Echo!

To the community,

I regret to inform you that tonight's one of the few final nights our dearest and most beloved Echo may have left with us. Though she still clings onto life, she's grown extremely old and feeble. Today I noted she's indeed taken a turn for the worst, as now she's grown so weak she can barely keep her head up.... Let alone her massive body. With her inability to climb or to keep herself up I'm afraid her time is near.

I've tried everything I could to comfort her on her way out, down to her favorite snack, the honey treat, which she declined. Never before has Echo refused her honey treats, until today...

I will forever remember all the found memories I was lucky enough to have created with this majestic creature, for she was my first pet mantis and the mantis that started it all for me.

Though with the taking of life, Echo was kind enough to bless me with 5 fat ooths. Many of those I hatch will be release in spring, as I want my babies offspring to continue to flourish in my area, but of course there will be the certain few that stay with me to remind me of their mother and all the knowledge she had brought to me.

I will also be posting her entire log when she passes, and plan to continue it with her next generation of young.

Thank you,

-LAME.
Sorry that she passed man :( but you were a great owner and she had one heck of a great life in those huge, awesome homes and having plenty of food and water and her honey treats, theres no doubt that she was a happy mantid, couldnt have been happier i dont think! she even got to mate and lay plenty of oothecae before passing! RIP Echo! She wont be forgotten!

yeah....

I DID spoil her, she was very much loved and happy. I'm sure she'll rest peacefully knowing her children are in the best of care and will receive the same love and attention that she received.

yeah....

I DID spoil her, she was very much loved and happy. I'm sure she'll rest peacefully knowing her children are in the best of care and will receive the same love and attention that she received.
Youre the type of owner all mantids deserve! and im sure she will too! And no doubting the little nymphies will be taken very well care of

Sorry to hear Echo passed, may she rest in peace. Nice to see you shared her final moments. She will live on with her babies and your love of the hobby.

Glad that Echo had such a caring owner and someone to gently usher her to the Land of Crickets and Honey. Been there more than a few times. But the fum of her kids' little feet clamoring around the house with bring back all the happiness and rekindled memories.