The mantis family 2021

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Lady

Reaction score
New year, new mantids  will be coming to me. it  will be a male and a female Sphodromantis.

sphodromantis-gastrica-weibchen-adult-blau-drohend-600x600.jpg

Is not the mantis I will get. But male and female will be L6

They are arriving  today and I don't have names yet. Their homes are ready. I wasnt suspecting them to come this fast, lol

If you have suggestions for names, let me know😉

Male is brown, female molted during transit and she is green. I hope the male wont loose his brown color.

Pics come later, let them get used to their homes first

This is the female. (she dont have a name yet) She is enjoying her half roach.

zonder-naam.jpg

Here is the male. He has pink eyes, but fits with his color. I hope he will keep his colors

zonder-naam1.jpg

If  you have cool name suggestions let me know.😉

Last edited by a moderator:
The female is named Cara. They are both doing good. Eating well. Tux had a good molt last week. He is still brown.👍 Cara is very curious. when i mist of drop food in here home, She comes out to explore. I hope i can post some pictures soon to show them.

Hissing roach neyteri  died. Ateyo had banned her out of their home. She is resting forever in the mantis cemetary in my garden. I have still her offspring and a female of that group will carry her name. ( but think most of them are males)

I had 2 molts today. In de morning Cara molted and in the evening Tux molted. They both had a good molt and have grown bigger. think it is time to buy bigger grashoppers for them.

cara-2.jpg

Cara was done with molting.

Tux is busy drying up. pic is blurry because he decided to molt on lid and didn't want to disturb him

Tux2.jpg

A little update on Cara and Tux: they are both doing well and eating/hunting ok. i need to make pics of them soon, you can so how they look now. I  think/hope Tux will keep his brown color. Wondering how he will look when he is grown up.

Tux molted last night and he is subadult now.  Cara is getting swollen wingbuds. she is preparing for her last molt. little mantids grow big😉

Tux3.jpg

Tux before his molt. Handsome like always

Tux4.jpg

Tux is a mantis teenager now. Here he is busy drying up

No new pics of Cara yet, She wasnt in a good spot to take a good pic. she was hiding most of the time behind the fake leaves.