• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The most interesting Wanted ad in the world

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calvindoyl

Reaction score
Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I have, for you, a request.

I am new to the hobby, and am looking to start hosting mantids.

I'm specificially looking for a Polyspilota Griffinii and/or Hymenopus coronatus, but am more interested in having a larger and/or decorative mantis to have.

I love praying mantids... I'd owned a couple as a kid and recently found one (on my windshield wiper) that I'm trying to convince my girlfriend to let me keep at our place.

My girlfriend, strangely, isn't keen on having "bugs" in the home, including but not limited to crickets and waxworms, and is, for some reason, against me catching housefiles and moths.

Enter the Orchid Mantis. After she'd seen the amazing variety and coloration in the order of Mantids, she started to change her mind. I currently have my caught mantis set up in a mantis paradise (If I could understand Mantid, I'd probably hear him singing songs of pure happiness/Gangnam Style as he climbs up and down the screen in joy). She actually legitimately wants an Orchid and demanded that I find her one (which I wasn't successful at doing)

But... I'm trying to find (for starters) a larger mantis, as my theory is that the bigger it is, the more my GF will take to it as an actual pet instead of a small, cool bug in a cage.

Something amazingly pretty (i.e. Orchid) will probably work the same, and get my foot in the door to finally start enjoying mantids (I had no idea there was this level of support/variety out there)

So... Orchid/Pseudocreobotra-Wahlbergii/Griffin are the three I'm looking for. Other suggested species are welcome as well :) And if this isn't nearly as entertaining or funny as I think it is, forgive me.... it happens from time to time.

any/everything is welcome :) I'm a passionate fan and am excited to be able to finally indulge

Thanks.

Latest posts