Theopompa ophthalmica

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nepenti

Reaction score
Many thanks Yen that this species is finally here in Europe. Have a look. Amazing gem!

theopompa-ophthalmica-01a.jpg

theopompa-ophthalmica-02a.jpg

theopompa-ophthalmica-03a.jpg

theopompa-ophthalmica-04a.jpg

theopompa-ophthalmica-05a.jpg

theopompa-ophthalmica-06a.jpg

theopompa-ophthalmica-07a.jpg

theopompa-ophthalmica-09a.jpg

Beautiful blue color! is there a common name for this species? And are barkmantids in general easy to care for (for a noob)
I don't know any as I don't like those common names, latin rules :) They need a bit higher humidity and also a piece of wood instide the box. They are quite fast and like walking on the net at the top of the container, so they are a bit different from all bark mantids.

Your photos are fantastic, what camera are you using?
eos 350d + sigma 50mm macro

Fantastic photos :D I have a few of these and they are very cool indeed!!!

BLUE!!!! come on i never knew there is a blue mantis! :lol:
Hehe this is actually my favourite colour so I had to have it! I also had one blue cilnia humeralis, but of course it's just a morph.

Check also Rhombodera fusca. This one is also blue and very nice. We are waiting for hatching now :)

HI Lukasz, sorry didn't say hi to you earlier, glad to know you made it here and share with us your wonderful collection. Thanks for the pics, i could never be able to capture them in such detail. Fantastic photos!

WOW! Nice photos! the mantis looks just like a sketch or painting with those nice colors!

Latest posts