Theopropus elegans

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sufistic

Reaction score
I haven't kept much mantids but from what I've kept, the most aggressive would be Hierodula sp., Odontomantis planiceps and Theopropus elegans. It's just awesome to see mantids hunting down their prey rather than sit and wait.

Here's a vid of a female hunting down a cricket and around 10 minutes after finishing it I threw in another one.

got to agree with you about the aggresiveness of odontomantis, I happen to caught 4 of them, but when I housed 3 of them under the same roof, it all ended up with one having the other two as lunch, sexing was difficult too because of their tiny size

got to agree with you about the aggresiveness of odontomantis, I happen to caught 4 of them, but when I housed 3 of them under the same roof, it all ended up with one having the other two as lunch, sexing was difficult too because of their tiny size
Yeah they're very aggressive. Check out

video of an Odontomantis taking down a cricket almost its size.

Keep them coming please. My daughter and I love watching mantid videos.
I'll try bro, sorry for the crappy quality though, the iPhone sucks for video. Say hi to your daughter for me. You're a single parent right? Much respect bro.

Latest posts