Theopropus elegans

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sufistic

Reaction score
Family: Hymenopodidae

Sub-Family: Hymenopodinae

Genus: Theopropus

Species: Theopropus elegans (Westwood, 1832)

Distribution: Myanmar, Malay Peninsula, Singapore, Sumatra, Java, Borneo.

Adult female:

P1080058.jpg

P1080056.jpg

P1080059.jpg

P1080061.jpg

P1080067.jpg

P1080071.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful pic Shaik. Looks like she is laden with eggs! Best of luck with the breeding.

I have bunch of them hatch out today!

tehatch1-1.jpg

Took some pics when moving them to net cages. Some stay on the lid,

tehatch2-1.jpg

While some stay inside the container

tehatch3.jpg

Thanks Yen, and congrats to the hatch! I believe these are finally gonna be stable in the US now.

OMG :blink:

Looks like you got about 100 out of that ooth!!!!

Congrats, Do they do well in net cages? I have 30 left out of my 42 but 28 of those are now 2nd instar so looks ok for the Uk (timebeing) B) :D

Great pics yen, and congrats. What's that thing (sock, paper towel) in the container? Is it used for moisture?

Thanks all.

@Dan - so far they all do alright together in net cage, feeding fruit flies and such, but i do mist them with water ever day as net cage do not hold humidity very well but great ventilation.

@Mantidlord - It is the soaked round cotton for keeping humidity.

@ Shaik - Sorry don't mean to hijack your thread. Hope to keep for another generation, fingers crossed. This batch is from Thailand. By the way, the batch from you is getting near adult. Infact the male has turn adult recently and females are subadult now. i wonder if they are the same species.

This batch is from Thailand. By the way, the batch from you is getting near adult. Infact the male has turn adult recently and females are subadult now. i wonder if they are the same species.
You will have to put pics of the adult females up when you get them there as I have seen Theopropus with variations in markings :blink: quite interesting!

Latest posts