THERE SHE IS!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickfraser

Reaction score
I was rearranging things in the bug room and happened to find my "missing" female Idolo. I can't remember when she went missing, but I knew I would have to find her somewhere...sometime. The time has come. I'd have been tearing the room apart if I had a male, but she was a "one off" and I wasn't in a panic to find her. She'd turn up someday. She dried out and apparently became a dust collector. :lol:

DSCN6031_zps91fe5e46.jpg

DSCN6033_zps8213ca7c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I told someone this already but for those who dont know, my room has the same humidity as outside. So in winter it is near 60 or 70% but in summer it is a shocking 20-40% in our heat. So if I lost a mantis in my room during summer, they would quickly die.

That's quite a brilliant pose to die, honestly! It's some sort of mix of kneeling and bowing.

Its Like the mantis is submitting herself to death

If I had it, I would proudly put that specimen somewhere special, like some kind of statue.

The closest I had to that was a female mantis I took care of when I was 5. She was outside in a big aquarium. One day a very cold night came and she froze into place, standing like it was still alive.

So sad... Looks like she's ashamed and hiding behind her arm.... Awn.... :(

OR..... SHE'S DOING YOGA!!! :D

She's gorgeous, though. Pity that you hadn't found her.

Imagine if you had someone come over that you needed to make a good impression on:

Friend: Walks into room.

You: Follow.

Friend: Screams, batting at a giant, ferocious moth. "Get it off of me!!!! I'm dying!!!!"

You: Scoop up the creature, stroking it's thorax. "Hi sweetie. I'd wondered where you'd got to!"

Friend: Eye twitches.

Latest posts