They may not be the smartest..

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

king_frog

Reaction score
This is the third time it has happened now. My cage has alot of moss in the bottom, the mealworm goes on top of the moss. And the mantis jumps to the worm, misses and ends up eating the moss... Then after a few minutes and alot of moss moving, it will get the worm. Will it eating the moss affect it in anyway? Because as soon as it ate it, it crawled to the top of the cage faster than usual. Is it harmful to mantids? Better not be :(

i dont think the moss makes your mantis sick, bud maybe he,s a litle dizzy of itit wiil be good whit him,try to handfeed him a prey so he have that moss taste in his mouth ;)

I'm glad that it doesn't make mantids sick. It's because theres some leftover mealworms, half dead left in the tank :p . Took him all day to realise then :p . Hopefully i can move them to the half of the cage with no moss, thats the place i usually give him his food to prevent wriggling into moss. Thanks ;)

Edit: Moving the mealworms into open space so the mantis can feed on them to get them out the way. With my highly scientifical moss and animal mover. (the end of a pen)

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is harmful, should i give it a slice of banana, to 'help' the nasty stuff come out the rear end?

I'm glad that it doesn't make mantids sick. It's because theres some leftover mealworms, half dead left in the tank :p . Took him all day to realise then :p . Hopefully i can move them to the half of the cage with no moss, thats the place i usually give him his food to prevent wriggling into moss. Thanks ;) Edit: Moving the mealworms into open space so the mantis can feed on them to get them out the way. With my highly scientifical moss and animal mover. (the end of a pen)
LOL :lol: bud when you thingk that (one of) your mantis is sick, pm me then, half food hmm one of my mantids likes to eats the flesh only, so there are legs,wings, and other distastefull body parts on the bottom of her cage...and who have to clean it..yes thats me :rolleyes:

LOL :lol: bud when you thingk that (one of) your mantis is sick, pm me then, half food hmm one of my mantids likes to eats the flesh only, so there are legs,wings, and other distastefull body parts on the bottom of her cage...and who have to clean it..yes thats me :rolleyes:
MMMM, Cleaning out half digested bits of animal remains. I bet you enjoy that :p .

Ooops, i keep saying 'He' By accident! sorry. it's a girl :p .

'She'

Nah, mine do that sometimes. Mealworms are not the best choice in food though.

I know, especially the fact i forgot to feed them for a week, and they'r really slow now <_<

isnt something like vermiculite better for flooring>?

I use paper towel, which works really effectively. But sometimes, my mantids will still grab onto the papertowel when catching insects. :rolleyes:

If your moss wasn't treated with any chemicals, she should be fine.

Latest posts