This keeps on happening to me

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O'Neal20

Reaction score
Right now I'm taking care of 7 mantids and one of the lost its leg 2 twice, but not at the same time. It lost it left back leg and it molted and it's almost back to normal but, a few days after it's molt it's front right leg. I don't know what wrong with it. It lost its legs with me not even touchin it I just was up with it losing a leg and today one of my pnignomantis lost a leg I don't know why! Again didn't touch it.

sometimes is happens after a molt if the mantid moves too much just after the molt, it happened to my stagmomantis limbata.

But it has been a week since it molted
It ends up being slightly damaged after the molt but the spot where its damaged holds on for a bit. It starts turning black after a while. Then eventually falls off. It took about a week for my girl to finally lose hers too.

If you didnt notice any black spot, it may be something else.

Did you leave a cricket in the container with your mantid? Ive once had a cricket bite my mantids leg right off.

Or do you let your mantid on the window screen? some species cant handle this.

Or does your mantid fall often?

Well no my mantis won't move it doesn't want to stand up and I see the black spot were the leg was.

It doesn't fall that often

Every time I feed it I always watch it catch them

And I never put them on a window

Latest posts