Tightrope walk across the Grand Canyon

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of the most stupidest things I've seen on TV in awhile... (IMO) .....Its obviously not going to be live, like advertised bc if he does fall they don't want to show that, so they are going to put abt a one min delay...and why do this? I understand the thrill, but will you not achieve the same adrenaline rush if you have a safety device that saves you; if you fall? "I'm falling my life is over, wait I have a rope, I can live another day!" ....this is just plain stupid....don't get me wrong, I'm all up for an adrenaline junky and thrill seeker, but not an idiot... (sorry if I may offend some of you, but frankly what has our world come to if we are so bored that watching a guy risk his life for the whole world to see just to 'entertain'?)

Hope the best for him,

Andrew

He better stay away from "Taco Bell" before he starts... :eek: :pinch:

or is there a porta-potty half way across? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a family thing. The Wallendas, originally from Germany, first started performing in 1911. They, "The Flying Wallendas", developed a "high wire 7 person chair pyramid." which they performed at various venues around the country. In, I think it was 1962, yeah old guy here, they had an accident and all seven fell, killing 3 and permanently disabling 2 others. Just a little history - I wish him luck..........

Dangerous. . .

I've been the Grand Canyon, and would definitely not want to fall into it. Fun Fact: The gift shops there have a book about all the people that died there and what silly thing they were doing.

The pre-dealeo is on now. If he does fall they'll have time to go to comercial and come back again before he face plants at the bottom:p

I mean I hope he makes it, yeah that's what I meant...

Well no face plant, he made it! yeaah...and it only took 27 thank you Jesus and a few Holy lords to gett'er done.

Hey at least his wife knows he would never do anything unsafe, "he has childeren"... :wacko:

So he was tethered? While the feat is still very impressive, being tethered makes it less so.

He wasn't tethered....@ Niagra Falls he was forced to or he wasn't allowed to cross...but this one (Grand Canyon walk) he had no tether or net or anything...cept a saftey crew that would come out in a little trolley thing if he fell and was able to catch the wire...

Latest posts