Today is the Day...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anleoflippy

Reaction score
Today is the day that I will go to Lumampau, Lumampau is in the middle of sabah, well almost in the middle...

And there are lots of trees and exotic creatures., Lumampau have a display of Mantises there... ;)

So Im hoping I will get a Malaysian Orchid Mantis and a Malayan Dead Leaf Mantis or other exotic Mantids...

So Give me some Luck guys...

And My Chinese Mantis died today T_T

That is a dream come true for most of us out here in the mantis hobby! Someday...someday....

I just ordered a book last night called "The Malay Archipelago" by Alfred Russel Wallace. I'm looking forward to reading it and making many trips from PNG to SE Asia, someday.

Will you be looking for any other animals or plants while you're out there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys...

Here is my results...

Ive found a Twig mantis which is a female and it is pretty long an d since Lumampau Is near Kalimantan which is in Indonesia on the island of borneo, it must be an Indonesian species...

But when I caught it was healthy and it was eating small katydids when I fed it...

The next day it died for some reason, and I was crying and barried it and put a cross on it and flowers too...T_T *sob*

Well guys...Here is my results...

Ive found a Twig mantis which is a female and it is pretty long an d since Lumampau Is near Kalimantan which is in Indonesia on the island of borneo, it must be an Indonesian species...

But when I caught it was healthy and it was eating small katydids when I fed it...

The next day it died for some reason, and I was crying and barried it and put a cross on it and flowers too...T_T *sob*
Too bad you didn't collect some species that lived.

Edit: Remember... there is always next time! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of luck to you next trip. I missed out the collecting trip in Malaysia last Summer too but i will definitely go this coming Summer. Although it means flying more than 20 hours. So by living in Malaysia you have the priviledge of going anytime through out the year, Go Leo! :)

Wild-caught specimens sometimes have parasites, e. g. horsehair worms. The stress causes the worm to emerge from the mantid and the mantid dies soon afterwards in most cases. Even if you didn't see the worm it may have been there and you just missed it. Sometimes there are fly maggots inside the mantis.