Toxodera sp.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That look...intressting. Lol i think it looks weird, never heard of one of them before :eek:

-john_jb1-

Yeah, if only I can get my hands on them.

I'll be paying Tapah Hills, Malaysia, a visit end of this year and again next year when Yen comes to visit! I heard that these mantids are not only available in Borneo but in mainland Peninsular Malaysia too!

Apparantly their the largest and rarest mantids?

And are they really toxodera not paratoxodera? if so i ID ed it wrong :oops: (Mantidboy)

Haha, fantastic ain't it hibiscusmile? Wish it's at least readily available as the Violin!

I'll be paying Tapah Hills, Malaysia, a visit end of this year and again next year when Yen comes to visit! I heard that these mantids are not only available in Borneo but in mainland Peninsular Malaysia too!
Alloooo sufistic.... i think it will be next year Summer (June) not this year end.

Not sure if year end is good time for hunting bug in Malaysia due to the Monsoon rain. The best time for bug hunt in Tapah Hill appear to be around June , which is why i am visiting on June
smile.gif

[Alloooo sufistic.... i think it will be next year Summer (June) not this year end.

Not sure if year end is good time for hunting bug in Malaysia due to the Monsoon rain. The best time for bug hunt in Tapah Hill appear to be around June , which is why i am visiting on June
smile.gif
Yen, I'm in S.E. Asia and I totally forgot about the monsoon season! Thanks for reminding me! But I do notice one thing though, I find it much easier to look for wild mantids after a very heavy rain, as that's when all the insects start to come out!

Can't wait for you to come over Yen!

Latest posts