TylerHoorn

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosbyArt

Reaction score
I got three New Zealand mantises (Orthodera novaezealandiae) from Tyler and they arrived safely. Opening up the small cups I discovered one even molted during the trip and is doing fine. I am thankful for the chance to try a new species, and for another great breeder/shipper on the forum. Many thanks Tyler! :D

Here is a photo of one of the nymphs sitting in the palm of my hand...

10-1-16nz-mantis.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also got a mantis from him! Shipping came fast and mantis was safe! Would buy again from him. Even gave me an extra mantis and some enclosure supplies! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll add another glowing recommendation. Wonderful to deal with, very helpful, kind, and quick. Received two ooths with no issues.

Tyler is very, very kind and very professional. He often adds cage decor in the package mantids are shipped in. He even gave me an extra mantis when ordering from him last! So far he is my favorite breeder I have bought from, and I will absolutely continue to do business with him.  :D

I ordered 5 little bud wings from Tyler. They arrived fast, great packaging, and look really healthy. He even added live moss in the the box as a bonus! Look forward to buying from him in the future. 

I have ordered from Tyler again, but this time I ordered 4 budwing nymphs (last week) and I had changed my mind on the night before shipping day and decided to only get two so that I have funds for a roach colony. Now when I messaged him, he threatened to tell other sellers not to sell to me and hasn't shipped out my order yet. 

KevinsWither, what was said in the message was that you can't place an order and message me the same day it is being sent out that you only want half. I told you I would refund your money when I have money on my PayPal the following week. That time has not come yet. Also I shipped you a free mantis due to your last bad transaction with another member. It is unfair to put me on blast when it was you who placed an order and then changed your mind on the date it was going to be mailed. You will receive your refund I promise you that. I told you in the message that the way you conducted yourself during this sale was very back and forth and confusing. I wish you the best and hope there are no hard feelings. 

I have nothing but glowing recommendations for Tyler.

He sold me my very first mantises. I was originally going to buy 4 Ghosts, but he let me know he also had some Indian Flowers available. I thought why not and ordered 2 of each. Not only did he give me a tracking number for the package immediately, he also sent me TWO free Budwings!!!

All 6 mantises arrived perfectly fine and alive about 40 minutes ago with some enclosure decor too. The packaging was great and he put a heat pack in, which I am super grateful for because the El Paso weather has been completely freezing lately. He ALSO included some flies so that the mantises wouldn't die during the trip. I've put them in their new enclosures and they are super active (so much so that it took me a solid 15 minutes to get each one of them into their new cup!) and so so pretty. I now have 6 babies to raise up and care for.

Tyler was very professional and polite in our conversations. I was in class during most of the 3 days that our discussions took place so I could not respond for hours at a time, and he replied very quickly regardless. He answered all of my questions and even offered me advice on keeping my fruit flies alive in case they ran out of medium. He kept active communication throughout the transaction.

This was my first interaction with a breeder (and the hobby in general) and Tyler made it an amazing one. I will DEFINITELY be buying my mantises from him from now on. I recommend him to everybody. Thanks Tyler!

I've had a few new shipments from Tyler and they all arrived great and are doing fine. My latest was Creobroter gemmatus yesterday and they are some stunning nymphs. They were ready for their new homes and promptly ate some Melanogasters, but boy are the nymphs tiny. :D It's my first time with this species and they are very active and seem quite inquisitive. :)

The box was well taped closed, packed, and with a heat pack. Many thanks Tyler!

Got first shipment from Tyler a few days ago. One didn't make it but I got two very happy budwing mantids! I also got some free moss from him as well. Kept in touch about shipping day and responded quickly to questions I had. Will buy from him again in the future. :)

I bought an ooth from Tyler and he was quick to reply messages and very helpful throughout the whole process. Even helped me get a fruitfly culture to send with the ooth and sent some free moss :) Hope to do business with him again and will definitely recommend him to others. 

Latest posts