Uhm, hi?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm... another Canadian Member ............................If U are looking for Mantis I'll be the Guy lol .................
Depends what side of the country she lives on.

Welcome to the forum ArtisticArachnid. I'm also from Canada. SilentDeviL and I are in southern Ontario.

Regarding the African twig mantis, I keep mine between 75 and 80f, which is actually the temperature I like my room, so no heatpad or lamp required.

Welcome to the forum ArtisticArachnid. I'm also from Canada. SilentDeviL and I are in southern Ontario.

Regarding the African twig mantis, I keep mine between 75 and 80f, which is actually the temperature I like my room, so no heatpad or lamp required.
Don't matter what side she's on .... the shipping is only 2 days ... lol .... with a 60hr heat pack it can be any where with in Canada ....

Don't matter what side she's on .... the shipping is only 2 days ... lol .... with a 60hr heat pack it can be any where with in Canada ....
Maybe theres a breeder within driving distance though. I imagine there has to be one at least on the west coast, and probably Quebec as well because they're more lax on pet laws.

Maybe theres a breeder within driving distance though. I imagine there has to be one at least on the west coast, and probably Quebec as well because they're more lax on pet laws.
Mike I'm sorry to tell u .. they might be some breeder there or just keepers with few mantis , but I can Proudly tell I'm the biggest Breeder In Canada ...............My friend lol .... If u r able to keep all the species u got from me and ur self u'll be 2nd or 3rd lol ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!

So far i only have a Chinese mantis nymph, but i plan on getting a ghost mantis, an African twig mantis, and maybe an orchid mantis later on :)

Mike I'm sorry to tell u .. they might be some breeder there or just keepers with few mantis , but I can Proudly tell I'm the biggest Breeder In Canada ...............My friend lol .... If u r able to keep all the species u got from me and ur self u'll be 2nd or 3rd lol ....
Alrighty then? I hope you guys haven't scared our new friend with your peeing contest... :lol:

Welcome aboard ArtisticArachnid from cold and snowy Michigan. :)

Alrighty then? I hope you guys haven't scared our new friend with your peeing contest... :lol:

I thought I was being pretty reasonable assuming there were more than 3 hobbyists in canada. I dont care or even want to be the biggest breeder I just want to have fun caring for my pets.

Not Scaring our new friend here Just letting her know we have some cool Mantis collection in Canada as well and unknown small Breeders .......lol

I thought I was being pretty reasonable assuming there were more than 3 hobbyists in canada. I dont care or even want to be the biggest breeder I just want to have fun caring for my pets.
What I'm trying to say is that's tells u how bad the Mantis Hobby is in Canada .... and is true...........

It was just some of my "bad humor" and not really aimed at you, all just in fun, no ill will I swear. ;)
I know u r lol ................

Not Scaring our new friend here Just letting her know we have some cool Mantis collection in Canada as well and unknown small Breeders .......lol

What I'm trying to say is that's tells u how bad the Mantis Hobby is in Canada .... and is true...........

I know u r lol ................
There aren't many hobbyists, but I've already got interest in those T. sinensis that hatched from the west coast. They have mantids at reptile expos, and there are lots of people in quebec with massive Tarantula collections that wouldnt be welcome in most of Ontario. Im just saying its possible that theres another breeder we just havent met yet. I hope there is because I'd love to grow the hobby in Canada, which is why I'm so glad to see a new addition :)

Well if you get an ooth that lasts 5-6 months and then it will hatch and at least one will survive until 12-18 months, so that's about 2 years there right?

I'm in Alberta! As far as I'm aware, there are no breeders here either that or they're just incredibly hard to find. I'll keep in mind that you two are from Canada, as I'd like to get ahold of some nymphs if possible. The adult mantids I got from the reptile show have only lasted a month since keeping them, all that I have left is my juvenile Thistle mantis.

Thanks to everyone who welcomed me! It's nice to know there's a few people from Canada as well, I really appreciate the warm hellos from all of you.

Latest posts